- Eggplant 250 gms (use purple color eggplant …can use long or small baby eggplant )
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds (optional but it taste really good)
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon oil.(groundnut oil /olive oil/canola oil)
- Cut the eggplant into thick slices of ½ inch . I don’t remove the skin as it has lots of nutrients and it keeps the wedges intact and looks good. If you don’t like the skin remove it while eating it .
- Keep the slices in salt water for about 10 – 15 minutes; this generally removes the bitter taste and itchiness of eggplant.
- Drain the water from eggplant and wash it with plain water. marinate it with turmeric , salt , red chili powder and oil. Leave it for 10 minutes. add sesame seed and toss it well
- Microwave it for 8 minutes on high power . or bake it 180 degree Celsius for 10 minutes or till done.
Also Check Eggplant wedges with chickpea flour