- Eggplant 250 gms (use purple color eggplant …can use long or small baby eggplant )
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon baking soda (optional … if you want this wedges fluffy then only add it )
- 1 medium size onion thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoon chickpea flour
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder (optional)
- 3 teaspoon oil. (Groundnut oil /olive oil/canola oil)
- Cut the eggplant into long slices .
- Keep the slices in salt water for about 10 – 15 minutes; this generally removes the bitter taste and itchiness of eggplant.
- Drain the water from eggplant and wash it with plain water. marinate it with turmeric , salt , red chili powder ,onion slices, chickpea flour ,cumin seed and oil. Leave it for 10 minutes. add sesame seed and toss it well
- Microwave it on high power for 10 – 12 minutes or till done. onion should turn little crispy
1) If you like fried wedges you can fry it …it taste really good after frying but not for health conscious people
2) If you’re planning to fry this wedges add baking soda . if you’re going to use microwave no need to add baking soda .