This Mushroom Masala recipe is a typical north Indian style tomato onion Masala Gravy recipe. I like this recipe as it is quick and very easy to cook.You can serve this tasty Mushroom Gravy with chapatti or rice. The only work in this recipe is to nicely roast the Masala for Mushroom Masala Gravy. Whenever you make Gravy take care of roasting the Masala nicely, don’t rush to add vegetables until the Masala is roasted nicely . When the Masala gets cooked it gives very nice aroma and good flavor to your recipe. You can make Kadhai Mushroom Masala dry or in Gravy form.
At home you can make Mushroom Masala with very low calories as compare to restaurant style Kadhai Mushroom Masala . I cook my Mushroom in microwave or in Gravy itself that reduces lots of calories as in restaurant fried Mushrooms are added in Kadhai Mushroom Gravy. You can reduce the quantity of oil to make this Mushroom Masala low in calories. It tastes good even if we cut the calories in this way. Cook your food with lots of love and patience it gives nice taste to food, there is no need to add extra calories to increase the taste J
I have explained step by step Kadhai Mushroom Masala Gravy recipe .Do share your queries and suggestion in comment box.
- 250 gms white button Mushrooms
- ¼ cup red / yellow / green capsicum chopped
- 2 tomatoes
- 10-12 garlic cloves (lehsun )
- 2 teaspoon grated ginger (adrak)
- 1 tablespoon onion finely chopped
- 1 medium size onion for Masala paste
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder (kashmiri lal mirch powder)
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon kasuri methi (optional)
- 3 teaspoon oil
- Wash Mushrooms with clean water and cut it into thick slices. thake the Mushroom slices in microwave safe bowl and cook it with ½ teaspoon of salt for 4 – 5 minutes without lid
- Meanwhile in a mixer jar take tomatoes, onion, garlic & ginger and make fine paste of it .
- Heat oil and add finely chopped onion to it,sauté it for 1 -2 minutes
- Now add onion tomato paste. add ½ teaspoon of salt mix it and cover it with lid until it gets little dry (covering will avoid mess on your gas top).we have added salt to get tomato and onion to get cooked with each other .
- Open the lid and roast the Masala . Stir it continuously or Masala will stick the bottom of pan. Let it cook till it becomes dry and oil starts to leave from it.
- Now add red chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder & mix it nicely
- Add chopped capsicum and Mushrooms and mix it .add garam Masala & kasuri methi and let it cook for 1- 2 minutes.
- Now add 1 cup of water or add it as per your liking of Gravy consistency .cook It for another 5-6 minutes on low flame .
- Serve hot with rice, chappati ,naan or fulki .