Oats is a healthy breakfast cereal. At home I make variety of recipes from oats like oats upma , masala oats , oats chilla & sometime I even add it in my cake recipes. When my elder kid was toddler, I gave him oats porridge and he use to enjoy it. But now he wants something new than the same oats porridge, he loves omelet and I thought of combining oats with eggs and some vegetables of his choice to make this healthy breakfast. Oats omelet is very soft and kids loves this recipe, its healthy recipe for both kids and adults as it contains lots carbohydrates, proteins with goodness of vegetable.
I have used overnight oats using water to make this recipe. Overnight oats are any oats soaked in water or milk or curd or yoghurt. I have used water to make overnight oats in this recipe have explained step by step to make oats omelet .do share your queries and suggestion to make this recipe.
- 1 cup white oats (I used quaker white oats)
- 1 medium size onion
- 2 tablespoon grated carrot
- 2 eggs
- 1 finely chopped green chilly
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped coriander leaves (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Oil or butter
- For breakfast ,soak oats overnight in refrigerator for 5-6 hours in 1 cup of water.This soaked oats are called as overnight oats
- Add 2 egg white or both egg white and yolk in overnight oats and mix it nicely.
- Add finely chopped onion
- Add grated carrot or any vegetable
- Add finely chopped green chilies. you can add it according to ur taste .
- mix it nicely and add little salt to taste
You can add any vegetable of your choice in this overnight oats omelet