Cucumber tomato raita or koshimbir is a companion dish.It can be served with any rice dish or can be eaten as salad.it is also called as kachumber ,this kachumber is made with curd .
- 1 cup curd/yogurt
- 2 cucumbers finely chopped
- 1 medium size finely chopped onion (optional)
- 2 medium size tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped(optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar/sugarfree
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera )
- 1 green chilly
- 5-6 curry leaves (optional)
- 1 teaspoon roasted peanut powder (optional)
- In a bowl mix finely chopped cucumber, tomatoes finely chopped, onion finely chopped, curd/yogurt, salt, sugar, roasted peanut powder(optional)…mix it nicely
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a pan add cumin seed let it crackle then add green chilly & curry leaves in it …add this tempering in the mixed raita mixture and serve it with any rice recipe or as a side dish or you can simply eat it as a salad ..
Add peanut powder to absorb water released from cucumber & tomatoes .If you are serving this koshimbir/raita /kachumber immediately no need to add peanut powder.