This healthy whole wheat cake recipe is modified recipe of my whole wheat flour chocolate cake and carrot cake. These tastes really good and a good treat for kids. I have made this cake on last Christmas and kids really enjoyed it. This cake recipe is very nutritious during winter time as I have used lots of dates and dry fruits in it. There is no need to add all purpose flour or maida in this recipe. Recipe is very simple and doesn’t take lot of time during preparations. .
Do share your queries or experience while making whole wheat flour cake in my comment box at the end of the recipe and share your whole wheat flour pics with me.
Ingredients to make Dates Carrot cake
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour (gheu ka atta)
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup oil (any refined oil)
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup grated red carrot
- 1 cup chopped dates
- ½ cup chopped almonds / walnuts/ cashewnuts
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon (dalchini) powder
I have used hand blender to make this cake recipe u can even use mixer or whisker or normal spoon for this purpose .
Step by Step Directions to make Dates Carrot Cake
- Using hand blender beat egg nicely
- Add sugar and oil to it blend it again with the help of hand blender
- Now add cinnamon (dalchini) powder and baking powder to it blend it again
- Now slowly add whole wheat flour in this egg, oil, sugar, cinnamon and baking powder mixture and mix it nicely .no lumps should remain in the batter
- Now add grated carrot, dry fruits and chopped dates to it and mix it nicely
Now your cake batter is ready for baking
- Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius. Greased the cake pan with butter or ghee (clarified butter) and pour the cake batter in it. Shove it in preheated oven and bake it for around 45-50 minutes or until the needle comes out clean. Let the crust of the cake become brown in the oven it tastes good.
Tips– time of baking varies as every oven heats up differently. So the baking time will not be same for everyone just keep checking your cake after 35-40 minutes