Zucchini ka cheela recipe is little bit similar with Besan ka Cheela. Zucchini cheela is Indian style zucchini pancake with chickpea flour (besan) and semolina (sooji /rava).In winters I get fresh zucchini in Delhi. My kids love zucchini paratha, zucchini raita and this tasty zucchini cheela. It’s a healthy breakfast recipe. You can serve this zucchini cheela with green coconut chutney , flax seeds chutney or plain curd.
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup semolina /sooji / rava
- 2 -3 green chilies
- 10- 12 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- ½ cup besan (chickpea flour)
- 1 ½ cup curd
- Water to make batter
- Salt to taste
- Soak semolina (rava/ sooji) with curd for 2-3 hours.
- Take grated zucchini, ginger, garlic & green chilies in a mixer jar and grind it to make a paste. Don’t add water to it.
- Now add little soaked semolina (sooji / rava ) in the same jar with zucchini paste and grind it to make a fine paste.
- Add this paste in curd soaked sooji and mix it nicely.
- Add besan & salt in this zucchini batter and mix it.add little curd / water to get dosa batter consistency. Keep it aside for 15- 20 minutes. your zucchini cheela batter is ready .
- Now heat a non stick tava/ pan, take a ladle of zucchini Cheela batter and spread it in a circular way on tava.
- Drizzle some oil or ghee on Cheela (optional, you can make Cheela without oil on non stick tava)
- When it’s cooked on one side, flip and cook the other side.
- Serve this Cheela hot with tomato sauce, chutney, raita , pickle , flex seeds chutney or curd