Every weekend my elder kid helps me in cooking & I have to choose recipe of his choice. Both of my kids love pasta but they somehow don’t like cheese in it, so I make my pasta recipe without cheese. I make the pasta sauce vegan by using tomatoes and lots of juicy salad vegetables in it & tastes really good. Most of the times in restaurants pasta recipes are with cheese so I have to make this vegan pasta at home only. I got introduced with spaghetti when I had Sphagetti pasta salad at my friend’s house it was a nice cold spaghetti salad with lots of vegetables in it. I thought of making it in vegan style with some Italian herbs which are easily available in India.
This is my step by step recipe of vegan Spaghetti pasta with lots of vegetables. Do share your queries and suggestion & how you make your vegan /veg pasta .
- 300 gms of spaghetti (whole wheat or Durham wheat)
- 3 tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper/ red capsicum
- ¼ cup diced yellow bell pepper / yellow capsicum
- ¼ cup diced carrot
- 3 strands of green onion
- 3 strands of green garlic
- 10-15 garlic clove finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon pasta seasoning (oregano, basil, paprika etc)
- 5 -6 basil leaves (optional)
- 1 /2 teaspoon Chili flakes (optional)
- 1/ 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt for taste
- Roast tomatoes directly on flames, remove it skin and make small dice of it.
- Take 5 cups of water in a big vessel and bring it to boil, when it starts boiling add 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon oil to it , now add all spaghetti to it and let it boil until it becomes soft .
- Now in big pan heat oil, add finely chopped green onion & green garlic to it, sauté it for a 10 – 15 seconds, add red and yellow bell pepper (capsicums) dices, diced tomato and carrot to it. Cook this vegetables it for 5-6 minutes on high flame.
Now add pasta seasoning & salt in vegetables, mix it and add cooked and drained sphagetti pasta to it and mix it nicely on high flames.
- Now add finely chopped garlic cloves, chili flakes and black pepper in vegetable pasta, mix it and remove it from flames
- Garnish it with fresh basil leaves and serve it hot.