Coconut modak recipe with carrot is a modified version of my Gajar ka Halwa, I have added grated coconut in gajar ka halwa to make this modak . Goodness of carrot and coconut makes this modak very healthy and nutritious . This modak has very nice flavor of coconut and carrot. You can use carrot coconut proportion according to your taste. I have used carrot and coconut in 2:1 ratio .
[box]Also check:- Beet root halwa recipe[/box]
- 2 cups of fresh grated coconut (nariyal /naral )
- 4 cups of grated red carrots
- 1 liter whole milk (full cream milk)
- 1 cup sugar
- 7-8 green cardamom ( hari elaichi/ welchi)
- ¼ cup chopped dry fruits (almonds / pistachios / cashewnuts )
- 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- In a big pan heat ghee and add grated carrot and coconut to it and roast it for 5 minutes.
- Now add milk to this roasted coconut carrot and bring it to boil. Stir it occasionally.
- Cook this mixture until it becomes dry and starts releasing ghee from it , now add sugar to it and stir it until it mix nicely in it .then add cardamom powder and remove the mixture from heat.Now add chopped dry fruits to it (I have added roasted dry fruits). Carrot coconut halwa mixture is ready for modak . Let it cool down.
- Now take a modak mold and fill it with this coconut carrot halwa mixture & unmold your coconut carrot halwa modak is ready. Make all modak from this carrot coconut halwa in this way . Your coconut modak Prasad (Prasadam) is ready for lord Ganesha
If you don’t want to add coconut you can even make modak from Gajar ka Halwa recipe
For Gajar Halwa recipe check How to make Gajar ka Halwa