- ½ kg Amla (gooseberry)
- 250 gms grated Jaggery (gud) / Sugar
- 6 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon yellow / black mustard seeds(you can also use rai dal i.e split mustard seeds/ rain a kuria)
- 12 tablespoon badi saunf (fennel seeds)
- ¾ cup mustard (sarson , rai )/peanut oil
- 1 teapoon Black pepper (kali mirch / miri)
- 1 teaspoon Hing (Asafoetida)
- Wash amla with clean water and wipe it dry with towel.
- Cut it into pieces and remove seeds from it. Add 3 teaspoon salt and keep it covered for 1 day.
- Remove the water diffused by amlas
- Roast mustard seeds and badi saunf (fennel seeds) and grind it into powder.
- Add this roasted mustard –saunf powder in amlas . Add 3 teaspoon salt and jaggery to it & mix it nicely.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add black pepper / kali mirch/ miri to it, fry it for few seconds until it swells, turn the heat off and add hing to it. Let the oil cool down.
- Now add this oil in amla pickle. Mix it and keep it in sun for 10 –15 days. Mix the pickle once everyday.
- You can store this pickle for 4- 5 months.
[box]Also check- Amla ki khati mithi Chutney | Gooseberry chutney recipe[/box]