This dry fruits modak recipe is very healthy and nutritious . in this recipe i haven’t add sugar and ghee, sweet dates are enough to give sweet taste to this modak. if u dont want to add dates u can use dry figs .
- 2 cup deseeded Dates (remove the seeds of dates and then measure it for 2 cups )use soft and sticky dates don’t use the dry ones/2 cup dry figs (anjeer)
- 1 cup dry fruits (almond or badam, cashew or kaju nuts, pistachios)
- Hazel nut or raisins or cashew nut for stuffing (don’t cut or chop this nut keep it whole )
- 1 tablespoon Desiccated coconut or roasted poppy seeds (khus khus )
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Grind the dates coarsely and keep it aside .
- Chop 1 cup of dry fruits into small pieces …in a pan roast this chopped dry fruits on low flame or take them in a microwave safe container and roast it for 1 minute on high power.
- Mix the chopped roasted dry fruits , coarsely ground dates and cardamom powder …mix it nicely with a spoon
- Take the modak mold and all you have to do is stuff it with this this dry fruits mixture by keeping the middle portion hollow ….put raisins or 1 hazelnut in the hollow space and again fill the modak mold with dry fruits mixture …do remember to grease the modak mold with ghee before use ..make all the modaks in this way
- Sprinkle desiccated coconut or roasted poppy seeds(khus khus )on this modak before serving it to lord ganesha .