Satyanarayana vrat pooja katha starts by a prayer to lord Ganesha and then puja katha of lord Vishnu (Satyanarayan) is performed .My mom use to perform Satyanarayan puja every year during Ganpati festival . In Satyanarayan katha all Prasad ingredients and there quantities are specifically mentioned .Prasad of modak and ladoo are offered to lord Ganesha & Satyanarayan maha prasad is offered to lord Vishnu .
The two main Prasad which are offered to lord Satyanarayan are
- Satyanarayana Pooja Maha-Prasad – Banana Halwa / Banana Sheera
[box]Also check:- How to make panchamruth for satyanarayan pooja [/box]
Satyanarayana Vrat Pooja Prasad
Satyanarayan pooja Prasad is made from banana ,semolina (rava/ sooji), sugar, pure ghee, milk ,basil leaves etc .satyanarayan mahaprasad recipe is similar to the recipe of sheera /halwa, the only difference is banana and basil leaves (tulsi ) is added in Satyanarayan prasad. This prasad made from banana tastes really good and I make it even when we don’t have puja at home. In North India Halwa Puri is served during navratri ashtami & navmi, at that time you can make this halwa for prasad with or without adding banana.
[box]Also check -Aate ka halwa (Halwa made from atta / whole wheat flour)for Pooja Prasad [/box]
I have explained step by step recipe of this auspicious Satyanarayan puja Prasadam. Share your suggestion and queries for this recipe
[ingredients title=”Ingredients for Satyanarayan pooja prasad”]
- 1 cup semolina(sooji/rava)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup pure ghee
- 1 ripe banana
- 3/4cup sugar
- 20 – 25 raisins
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped cashew nuts
- Few strands of saffron(kesar)
- 1 tablespoon Charoli/chironji
- 10-15 Tulsi or basil leaves
[directions title=”Step by Step Directions to Make Satyanarayan prasad”]
- Mix water and milk in a container and bring it to boil.
- Roast cashew nuts, charoli (chironji) for 1 minute in a pan with a teaspoon of ghee in it . now add raisins in it and roast for few seconds ,now remove it from heat .you can also roast this nuts and raisins in microwave with or without ghee for 40-50 seconds.
- Roast the semolina in a heavy bottom pan until it becomes very light. (Basically the moisture should evaporate and each particle should get roasted nicely) remove it from the pan.
- Add ½ cup ghee in the same pan add basil leaves in the ghee .Add the roasted semolina to it and roast it again until the semolina get light pink in color-and the basil leaves becomes crispy. now add chopped banana to it roast it again with banana .after some time banana will start melting .make the heat low and Add the boiling water &milk mixture to this roasted mixture and mix it properly and close the lid of the pan for 1- 2 minutes .
- Now Add sugar in to it .mix it properly and cover the lid and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Open the lid .Add cardamom powder , saffron(kesar) and the remaining ghee to it .now remove the pan from the heat . and garnish it with roasted raisins and nuts .
- Satyanarayan Prasad (Prasadam) is ready for offering (bhog/ navaidayam) to Shree Satyanarayana (lord vishnu)
- Roast the semolina nicely otherwise your Satyanarayana Prasad will taste sticky.
- Some people add pinch of edible camphor to this Satyanarayan Maha-Prasad especially in south India it taste really good .
- If you’re using fine semolina (rava or sooji) this quantity of water milk is ok. But if your using coarse semolina add extra ½ cup milk in the water- milk mixture, prasad will become very dry.
- You can store Satyanarayan Prasad in fridge for 3-4 days.
For Satyanarayan MahaPooja Vrath katha in Hindi check http://onlinemandir.com/katha/index1.html
For Satyanarayan MahaPooja Vrath katha in Marathi check http://www.scribd.com/doc/19563836/Satyanarayan-Pooja-In-Marathi-with-Katha
For Satyanarayan MahaPooja Vrath katha in sanskrit and tamil check http://sanskritdocuments.org/mirrors/puja/deities/satyanarayana.htm
[box]Also check–Puja recipes [/box]
[…] Also check – Satyanarayan Mahaprasad Recipe […]
[…] Also check- Satyanarayan pooja Prasad recipe […]
[…] Also check -Satyanarayan Pooja Prasad Sheera / Halwa | Banana Halwa / Sheera […]
You did a wonderful job! This post seem quite great.
The post is nicely arranged. I see the author has a
true knack for this particular topic. I like that subject, and I’m
in constant search of new pieces and the latest news.
I really enjoyed that one, as it’s filled with interesting facts and it’s a kind of article.
I spent just a couple of minutes studying, and because of well-structured text, so I understand it entirely.
Tried roasting raisins in the microwave fire department came.