Fresh singhara (water chest nut) comes at the start of October and comes up to feb –march…singhara (water chest nut) can be eaten in vrath(fast )time…at the time of navratri festival they r available ..singhara (water chest nut) can be eaten plain boiled…my kids loves baked potato wedges..so i wanted to give it a try for baked singhara (water chest nut) wedges and it turned out really well …if you want to make it vrath recipe don’t add chat masala in place of that simply sprinkle black pepper and rock salt (saindha namak) it takes very less time to get baked in microwave ..singhara mainly content starch almost similar to that of potatoes , so it should be consumed moderately if your diabetic …avoid dry singhara flour or dry singhara if your diabetic or on weight reducing program as the carbohydrate content is almost triple as compare to fresh singhara ….
This recipe is healthy for kids and people who want more energy and non diabetic …
- 10-15 fresh singhara
- Pinch of salt (saindha namak if you’re on fast)
- Pinch of black pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Chat masala (optional…don’t use it if you’re on fast)
- Wash singhara nicely..Peel the skin of each singhara with the help of knife
- Take peeled singhara (water chest nut )in microwave safe bowl…Add salt or saindha namak &oil in it and microwave it on high pressure for 3 -4 minutes …
- Sprinkle black pepper or chat masala on it …serve hot ..