My grandmother never had a problem of what to do with leftover chapattis / roti / paratha .she use to love leftover chapatti recipes. Most of the time she made recipe like leftover chapatti / roti churma (basi roti ka churma), basi roti ka sweet churma with jaggery, Garlic flavoured leftover chapatti / roti soup. Dal dhokli from leftover chapattis and dal . You can make all this leftover chapatti recipe with leftover roti , paratha ,phulka or puri. Don’t use stale roti to make this recipe. I never make roti or chappatis extra but whenever I have plans of any of this leftover chapatti recipe I make extra chapattis.
[box]See Related recipes here:- How to make lemon rice from leftover rice[/box]
It’s an easy recipe, the preparation time of basi roti ka churma is hardly 5-6 minutes and cooking time is around 5 minutes.
- 6 basi / leftover chapattis /roti / poli
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 20-25 peanuts (moongfalli ,shengdane)
- 10—15 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai /sarson)
- 1 teaspoon jeera (cumin seeds)
- 2 -3 teaspoon red chilly powder (depending on your taste)
- 1 teaspoon coriander / dhania powder
- 1 teaspoon oil (preferably peanut oil/ mustard oil)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 finely chopped tomato
- Coriander leaves
- Fried /Roasted sev/ bhujiya /ghathiya (optional)
- Make small pieces of roti /chapatti /phulki and churn it in grinder to make fine pieces of it called as churma
- Take oil in a pan heat it and add mustard seeds to it ,when it starts crackling add cumin seeds to it roast it and add roasted peanuts and onions , roast it nicely and add red chilly powder , coriander /dhaniya powder and turmeric powder (haldi)to it ,mix it and add roti /chapatti / phulki churma in it and mix it well…
- Now sprinkle little water on it mix it and close the lid of the pan for 2-3 minutes
- Add coriander leaves mix it and serve it hot by garnishing it with tomatoes, coriander leaves & sev / bhujiya / ghathiya
Its such a nice thing that you are passing on beautiful recipes that you have learnt from your gradmothers. Those were the days of non processed food and healthy clean eating. Loved this preparation.
[…] Leftover Chapatti (Roti) Recipe- Basi Roti ka Churma: http://healthyvegrecipes.com/what-to-do-with-leftover-chapatis-roti-basi-roti-ka-churma-churi/ […]
Thank you!! Healthyvegrecipes..
Your site has helped me a lot in the days when mom is not home.
[…] अलग प्रकार की फ्यूजन …Rating: 5 · 14 votes · 15 minsLeftover Chapatti (Roti) Recipe- Basi Roti ka Churmahttps://healthyvegrecipes.com › 2013/11/2…24-Nov-2013 — she use to love leftover chapatti recipes. Most of the time she made […]