Turmeric / haldi have lots of medicinal values. In most Indian recipes turmeric/ haldi is used as a spice. It has slightly bitter flavor .It said to have potential value of fighting disease like cancer, diabetes, sore throat allergies, Alzheimer’s disease etc. there are loads of benefits from turmeric.
Achar /pickles are always served in typical Indian thali. In my mom’s kitchen garden, raw turmeric was available round the year .she use to make turmeric pickle .during winters. This kachi haldi ka achar / turmeric pickle recipe is very easy, healthy and good for health .
- Raw turmeric-250gms
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oil (peanut/mustard oil)
- 6-7 Black pepper kernel (kali mirch / miri)
- ½ teaspoon asafoetida
- Wash fresh raw turmeric nicely and peel its skin with peeler .
- Grate this raw turmeric and add salt &lemon juice immediately to it (if you don’t add lemon juice immediately turmeric will change its color)
- Heat oil in a pan and add black pepper kernel (kali mirch / miri) to it , when pepper starts swelling add asafoetida and remove it from the flame
- Let the oil cool down and then mix it in the grated turmeric mixture, mix it nicely. Serve this pickle with your meals
[…] Quick raw turmeric pickle recipe | Kachi haldi ka achar […]
[…] vegetables like shredded cabbage, spinach, green onion, bottle gourd, sometimes I even add grated fresh turmeric (kachi haldi) and even gooseberries […]