This recipe is for those food lovers who want to eat dry veg Manchurian without worrying about the number on the weighing scale. I tried to make baby corn Manchurian without frying, not even stir frying. I used microwave oven to make this dry Manchurian recipe and it turned out very well. I have tried to reduce lots of calories from the original fried Manchurian recipe but there is absolutely no change in its taste.
[box] Also Check –Healthy breakfast and snacks recipes [/box]
It is easy to make baby corn snacks with very less efforts. You can make this recipe with or without ajinomotto; personally I don’t prefer ajinomoto in any of my Chinese recipes. It hasn’t been proven scientifically but it is said that ajinomotto has lots of side effects . Well during pregnancy and for kids it’s better to avoid ajinomoto .
I have shared step by step recipe of baby corn dry Manchurian without deep frying at home. Share your suggestions and queries for this recipe.
[ingredients title=”Ingredients to make Baby Corn Manchurian”]
- 1 ½ cup baby corn (slit lengthwise and cut it into 2 inch slices as shown in the pic)
- 2 tablespoon corn flour
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 -3 teaspoon green chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 2 tablespoon capscicum finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 8- 10 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon onion slices
- 1 tablespoon oil (sesame seed oil/olive oil)
[directions title=”Step By Step Directions To Make Baby “]
- Add corn flour, black pepper, 2 teaspoon oil and salt to baby corn slices.
- Mix it and arrange it on microwave safe dish.
- Cook it for 6 minutes on high power in microwave oven.
- Remove it from microwave and gently separate each slices using spoon.
- Heat oil in a pan and add ½ of chopped garlic to it and sauté it for 5-10 seconds
- Add onion slices, green onion and capsicum to it and sauté it for 1 minute.
- Add green chilli sauce, soya sauce and vinegar to it and mix it.
- Add cooked baby corn slices to it, mix it nicely, add remaining finely chopped garlic and remove it from flame and serve it .
Tips for making non fried baby corn Manchurian
- Raw garlic added in the last gives nice flavor to the recipe
- Use fresh baby corn to make Manchurian.
- After marinating baby corn with corn flour, salt,oil and blackpepper immediately keep it in microwave for cooking otherwise it will become watery