I always try to make different types of whole wheat flour cake , But i never tried oats cake .In this week i was planing to make orange cake as lots of orange were there in my refrigerator ,so I thought of adding oats in this cake and it turned out very soft ,light and fluffy .This recipe is not at all difficult & very less ingredients are required to make it
- 2 cup whole wheat flour (gheu ka atta)
- ½ cup white oats
- 1 ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice add ½ teaspoon of salt immediately in it
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (grate zest of the same oranges you used for juice)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar/sugarfree natura/ demerara sugar(brown sugar)
- ¼ cup chopped cashew nuts /almonds/ walnuts(optional)
- ½ cup olive oil/canola oil/ sunflower oil/rice bran oil /saffola oil
- Measure ½ cup of white oats(oats which are used for oats porridge) and then grind it in a fine powder…
- Sieve whole wheat flour, oats flour, baking powder and baking soda together…don’t remove the bran of wheat flour and oats flour
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius…grease the Bundt pan with butter or ghee (clarified butter)and flour it ..keep aside
- Mix juice ,oil and sugar together with the help of hand blender or whisker..
- To this juice oil sugar mixture add the sieved ingredients little by little while mixing at the same time with the help of hand blender or whisker ,make sure that there r no lumps in it …make a thick batter of it ….
- Now add orange zest to this thick batter and mix it with spoon..pour the batter into grease bundt pan and bake it in preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 40 minutes or Bake it until the needle comes out clean.
Tips for Orange Juice Whole Wheat & Oats Cake
- Add salt to orange juice immediately after squeezing it from oranges otherwise it will give bitter taste in the cake
- Whole wheat oats cake taste best on second day
- If you want you can make this cake with all purpose flour..
- If you don’t want to add oats flour reduce the quantity of orange juice by ¼ cup
- Kids and toddlers love this cake, if your serving it to your toddler make small pieces of cake with knife (make proper small square pieces )and give them fork to eat it… they love to eat with their own hands..It’s a nice finger food for your toddler and kids..if your making it for your toddler or kid use whole wheat flour don’t use all purpose flour
- Use Bundt pan or small cake mold for making this cake