This modak should be served chilled to lord ganesha and obviously to their devotees 🙂
- 1 ½ litre whole milk
- 2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 cup icing sugar
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
How to make chena —
- Bring milk to boil in a heavy bottom pan …add lemon juice to it ..Stir continuously..When milk curdles completely, remove pan from heat ..
- Place muslin cloth on the bowl…pour curdled milk into it and strain …bring four corners of muslin cloth together and gently twist and squeeze all the water from the chenna ….
- Take this chena in food processor jar …. Knead this chena in food processor within few seconds it will become very soft….
Making sandesh modak with chena
- Add desiccated coconut ,icing sugar and cardmom powder to this soft chena
- Take the modak mould and all you have to do is stuff it with this chena sandesh mixture by pressing it nicely with your index finger and demould ……do remember to grease the modak mould before use …
- Keep it in refrigerator …it will become firm….serve it chilled to lord ganesha ….this sandesh modak r really yummy
1) I had used icing sugar as it helps to prevent extra moisture and doesnot let chena become sticky …..
2) Use fresh desiccated coconut it gives very nice flavor to this sandesh modak