This modak are very much tried and tasted and never go wrong as it happens in case of ukadiche modak and it looks very much similar to ukadiche modak …
- 1 cup fine semolina(rava) or sooji
- 1 cups water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ghee
For stuffing of modak
1cup powdered jaggery
1 ½ cup grated coconut
1 teaspoon cardmom powder
10 Cashew nuts finely chopped
- Mix jaggery and grated coconut and keep it aside for ½ hour
- After ½ an hour In a heavy bottom pan add this jaggery coconut mixture ..stir the mixture ..cook this mixture till the jaggery starts thickening .
- Don’t overcook as then the mixture will become very hard. Keep it aside for cooling
- Add cashew nuts, cardamom powder and raisins in it …mix it ..allow it to cool
- As the stuffing mixture cools it will thicken …
- Roast the semolina(rava) in pan with ghee until it becomes very light an little pink
- Take water and coconut milk in a sauce pan and bring it ot boil…add salt to it
- Add roasted semolina(rava) to it …
- With the spatula stir it continuously
- Keep this pan on low fire for 5-6 minutes …continuously stir so that the semolina(rava) doesn’t stick and get burnt … switch off the flame
- when the dough is hot at that time only you have to kneed it …if you cannot manage it leave it for few minutes more …apply some ghee to your palm ….kneed well and make a smooth dough …there should be no lumpsin the dough
1) Take a small portion of dough in your palm….now flatten this dough and make a small circle like puri on your palm
2) Keep few spoons of stuffing on the centre of this circle.
3) Bring all the edges together and close the top …there should be no air space inside the modak…remove the extra portion of the dough …shape and taper the top of the modak with your fingers
4) Make all this semolina modak in this way
5) No need to steam this modak again as you have already cooked the semolina very nicely
6) Serve the semolina modak to lord ganesha with ghee.
For coconut jaggery stuffing recipe in microwave check How to make coconut (naral/nariyal )modak stuffing in microwave
- Roast the semolina nicely otherwise the dough will taste very sticky
- the stuffing and semolina dough quantity should be same when you make modak out of it
- don’t make the cover of the modak very thick with your fingers press the dough ball nicely to make the circle like puri….
- you can serve this modak with ghee…it taste really good ;-)….
[…] Easy Semolina (rava / sooji ) Modak recipe with coconut jaggery stuffing […]
[…] have adapted the recipe from here. The original recipe was calling for coconut milk. But I have substituted with regular whole milk. […]