- 3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup semolina
- 3 cup grated jaggery
- 1 cup powdered sugar or 4 teaspoon sugarfree natura
- ¼ cup ghee for the dough
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed(khus khus)
- 1 cupGrounded almonds and cashew nuts(optional)
- 3 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 teaspoon dry ginger(sunth)powder
- Ghee (for deep fry)
- 1 ½ cup ghee for making laddu
- Mix coarsely ground wheat flour / semolina & normal wheat flour & add 2 tablespoon of warm ghee to it. Mix it nicely and make stiff dough using water.
- Make puris of this dough and deep fry all the puris to golden brown colour on medium flame.
- Now take 4-5 puris at a time, break them into pieces and grind it into fine powder or churma ,repeat this procedure and make churma of all puris in grinder .
- In a heavy bottom pan take 1 ½ cup of ghee and add grated jaggery to it..When the jaggery melts remove it from the flame.
- Take churma in a bowl, add melted ghee jaggery to it .Add powdered sugar, cardamom powder, dry ginger powder (sunth powder), poppy seeds (khus-khus) and powdered almond and cashew nuts in it .Mix it nicely and make laddus out of churma mixture.
- Make whole wheat churma laddu 1 -2 days before serving it .As it takes time for jaggery and sugar to absorb in each particle of churma.It tastes very sweet if served on the same day.
- Don’t make the ghee quantity less this will make the laddu dry after second day
Also check Easy Churma Besan Ladoo Recipe