- 2 cup maize flour (Makki ka atta )
- 1/2 cup smashed boiled potato
- ½ cup curd/yoghurt
- 1 finely chopped medium size onion
- 1 finely chopped green chilly (use according to your taste)
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (optional)
- ½ teaspoon carom seed (optional)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves /fenugreek leaves (methi ke patte)
- Oil /ghee (clarified butter)for roasting
- Mix all the ingredients except oil/ghee and add little water to make a soft dough
- Divide it into 6-7 small portion..roll out each portion into 4 -5 inch thick roti /disc
- Heat the griddle and place the rolled roti/disc on it cook it on medium flame on both side , brush little oil /ghee on it and roast it on both side till brown spots appear on the surface.
- Serve makki di chatpatti roti (maize flour spicy bread ) hot with butter /curd /Tomato Cucumber Rayta /pickle….
Notes for Making Makki ki Roti
When u roll makki ki roti its edges gets cut , with the help of fingers and palm make all the edges close together while rolling it ..
Use fresh makki ka atta to make makki ki roti …