Beetroot Paratha is an easy Indian recipe to eat Beetroot. To make my family eat Beetroot raw or boiled is a tough task for me .so always go for Beetroot halwa, Beetroot salad (beet koshimbir/ kachumbar ) , or this healthy Beetroot Paratha for breakfast or lunch box for my kid . Beetroot is good for eyes and is rich in iron content. Serve this Beetroot Paratha / thepla with coriander chutney, raita or curd.
SEE ALSO – BEETROOT HALWA RECIPE
This Paratha recipe is very simple and easy to cook. This Paratha are without stuffing, so easy to roll.
- 1 cup grated Beetroot
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon besan (chick pea flour)
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (til)
- 1 teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1-2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil to roast Paratha
- Combine all the ingredients except oil and curd and keep it aside for 10 – 15 minutes. After some time the flour will become little wet because of beetroot . Add little curd and make smooth dough of seet root Paratha .
- Divide the Beetroot Paratha dough into 7-8 equal balla and make Paratha from it.
- Roll the Paratha and roast it on both sides with or without oil.
- Serve this Paratha hot with coriander chutney, pudina chutney, tomato or cucumber raita or plain curd.