matar ka parantha /thepla
Ingredients to make matar paratha | green peas paratha
- 1 cup fresh green peas ( matar/ taja vatana/ leela vatana )
- 1 ½ cup wheat flour (gheu ka atta)
- 2 green chilies
- 8-9 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds(til)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ cup curd
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves (dhaniya patta/kothimbir)
- Salt to taste
step by step directions to make green peas | matar paratha
- Boil green peas with little water. you can also microwave green peas in covered microwave safe bowl for 3 minutes and it will become soft.
- In a mixer jar take garlic green chilies and little salt and grind it to make a paste.
- Now in a same mixer jar cooked fresh green peas and grind it again.
- Add this green peas paste to wheat flour. Add cumin seeds(jeera), sesame seeds(til) ,turmeric powder (haldi),curd finely chopped coriander leaves ad make soft dough of it by adding water/ curd.
- Divide the dough into 7-8 equal balls and make paratha from it .
- Roast the paratha on both side with or without oil .
- Serve this paratha hot with curd , butter , chutney or pickle .
matar ka paratha /thepla