I love bengoli sweets as they are non fried ,juicy and very delicious. Rasgulla is my all time favorite sweet dessert. Over the period of time i tried to make this recipe simple and very easy .
I have explain step by step method to make perfect rasgulla from scratch.
[box] Also check :- How to make chenna for perfect rasgulla[/box]
- 1½ liter whole milk (you can also use toned milk)
- Lemon juice 2 tablespoon
- 1 ½ cup sugar or 1 cup sugarfree natura
- 6 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder freshly ground
[/ingredients] [directions title=”Directions”]
- Bring milk to boil in a heavy bottom pan …add lemon juice to it ..Stir continuously..When milk curdles completely, remove pan from heat ..
- Place muslin cloth on the bowl…pour curdled milk into it and strain …bring four corners of muslin cloth together and gently twist the cloth to remove excess water..the drained crumbled cheese formed is chena … we r going to use this chena for further preparations…
- Now we have to make this chena very soft…all the grainy part should become soft …
- I have added this chena to food processor and within few seconds it has become very soft
- Now make small balls of this chenna
- In a big vessel heat sugar and water…… when the sugar is dissolved and syrup comes to boil slowly small balls of chenna in it …they increase 2-3 times in size so make sure to use big vessel to hold them easily …
- Kip it boiling on high- medium heat… we have taken enough water so the the syrup will not become thick due to high heat (don’t cook it in pressure cooker you cannot check them once they r cooked )
- Let it cook for 25 minutes or until they r cooked ….take one rasgulla with sugar syrup in a bowl and gently apply little pressure on it , if it comes back to original shape ,its cooked
- Add cardamom powder and take out off the heat ….
- Serve as a chilled desert
[box]Follow all the 6 tips from –How to make chenna for perfect rasgulla [/box]