This raw mango(kaccha aam / kairi) pudina chutney will simply refresh your taste buds in summers. This chutney is sour & spicy with a nice mint flavor. You can eat it with dosa , idli ,paratha or as companion with any type of meal.
[box]Also check– 3 Easy pudina chutney recipes[/box]
I have used roasted peanuts (moongphalli / dane) to give nice thickness and texture to this chutney. You can also add fresh coconut or roasted Bengal gram (chatni wali dal / dallya) to make this chutney.
Tips for making pudina / mint chutney green
- Never grind pudina chutney with salt. Add salt after you grind pudina chutney.
- Add lemon juice or curd or raw mango in pudina chutney to keep it green in color.
- Add coriander leaves with pudina to make your chutney green.
[ingredients title=”Ingredients to make raw mango (kaccha aam) pudina chutney”]
For pudina raw mango chutney–
- 1 cup fresh pudina leaves(mint leaves)
- ½ cup peeled raw mango pieces (kacche aam ke pieces/ kairi )
- 2 green chilies
- 6-7 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion pieces
- 1 teaspoon jeera (cumin seeds)
- ¼ cup roasted peanut (moongphalli / dane)/ fresh grated coconut (kachha nariyal)
- ½ cup coriander leaves (dhaniya patta / kothimbir)
- Salt to taste
For tempering —
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon jeera
- 1 pinch of Asafoetida
- 10-15 curry leaves(kadi – patta)
- Take all the ingredients of pudina chutney in mixer jar, add little water and make fine paste of it.
- Heat oil add jeera ,Asafoetida and curry leaves to it .when the curry leaves becomes crispy add this tempering on chutney.